Google Now on Tap is a feature that was introduced with Android Marshmallow 6.0. What this feature essentially does is that it analyses the content present on your screen and then delivers information to you based on that data. For instance, if someone asks you about a cafe near to you, what Google Now on Tap will do for you is that it will pull up cards about the cafe. These cards will include information such as their website, their menu, the reviews, directions to the cafe and so on. This feature has proven to be extremely handy for a lot of people. In this guide we will be showing you the steps to activate Google Now with a focus on the new feature ‘Google Now on Tap’.
Enabling Google now on Tap is pretty easy, but before that, you will have to set up Google Now. Setting up Google Now is even easier as all you have to do for this is open the Google app and then click on ‘Get Started’. Google will automatically guide you through the entire process. Once this is done, you can use the steps given below to activate Google Now on Tap.
- Open up Google Now
- Open the app menu. This can either be done by sliding from the left side of the screen or by tapping on the three lines on the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on Settings
- Navigate down to the ‘Voice’ section of Google Now settings
- You will spot a ‘Now on Tap’ option with a checkbox right beside it
- On checking the box, you will be prompted a confirmation message by the app. Proceed with it.
Voila! Google Now on Tap has now been enabled on your device
Once you are done setting up Google Now on Tap, this is how you can use this feature.
- Open up the content that you want Google Now to analyse on your screen
- This can include anything from a video, a Facebook post, a text message, email, etc.
- Press and hold the home button on your device
- Once you do this, Google Now will present you with information pertaining to the content on the screen
Google Now is by far one of the most efficient features available. Google Now makes accessing information relating to different subjects and topics extremely easy and convenient. And one of the best things about this function is that constant changes are being made in order to make the app even more functional and efficient.