There are numerous perks of adding your device to the play store app by Google. By adding a device, you will be able to browse things such as books, movies, music, new apps, and even previously downloaded apps. However, do note that you cannot add iOS and Windows devices to the play store app as it is a feature exclusively available for Android users. Hence in this guide, we will be showing you how to add a device to google play.
Method 1 – How to add an Android device to the Google play store app
1. Open the settings app by either opening the notification tray or app drawer. Do note that you can use the same Google account on more than one device in order to access the apps that you had already purchased.
2. Tap on the ‘accounts’ option. This is where all the accounts associated with your Android device will be displayed
3. Tap on ‘add account’. This is where the possible list for all the accounts to be added will be displayed
4. Tap on ‘Google’. Here you will be able to add a Google account to the device.
5. Sign in with your Google account. Remember to sign in with the Google account that you have used to purchase all your apps previously in order to access them. If you sign in with a new account, you will not be able to download or access the apps you had purchased in another account.
6. Open the Google Play store app from the app drawer. If you have logged in using multiple accounts, you will be asked to choose an account
7. Tap the three vertical lines on the top left corner to access the menu. Select your new account from there
8. Access your google play purchases. Everything that you bought using that account will now be accessible to you.
Adding an account to the Google play store app is a fairly easy process. The best thing about the methods shown here is that you can use this to add your account to other apps as well. Apart from how to add a device to google play, you have also learned how to add an account in other apps.