If you want to talk about the watch of the 21st century, most of the people are going to say that they are smartphones. In the olden days, if a person forgot to wear a watch, the time used to become dreadful for him or her. But the scenario has changed since the time smartphones came into existence. This advancement has made devices such as an alarm clock obsolete as a smartphone can perform the functions without any hassles. We all work according to a strict schedule and to stick to it, we need to keep track of time.
Everything nowadays happens within a deadline. Even working parents have to allot a time slot for every task to manage their professional as well as personal life effectively. People who work in the corporate sector have to look at the time and calendar on their smartphones every now and then to manage their time. But what if your phone ceases to tell the correct time? Do you realize what an adverse impact this kind of time discrepancy can have on your daily schedule? Imagine if you are not aware of the correct time, how your professional life will be affected. If your smartphone starts telling the wrong date and time, your entire career, as well as personal life, can get affected. So, in order to avoid such situations, let us take a look as to how you can change date and time on Android.
How to Change Date and Time on Android
- Open the settings of your device by tapping on the Settings icon.
- Tap on System or the General Management tab on your smartphone. Depending on your device, the options can differ a bit.
- If you look around the top of the System page, you will find the Date & Time option.
- The “Automatic date and time” button enables the user to set the date and time automatically according to the network. Tap on that option.
- Select the “Set Date” option.
- Set the date and tap on Done or Save option depending on what your device offers. Normally, it’s ‘done’ on Samsung phones and ‘save’ on most others.
- Tap on Set Time and set it accordingly.
- When you are done adjusting the time, tap on save or done. If required, you can choose a time zone.
Wrapping It Up
Android uses time servers for keeping track of time. There is a network tower with which your smartphone synchronizes its time. But when the network does not support showing the correct time, such a situation can cause problems. Moreover, if you live in a place that lies between time zones, this can create further problems due to network-related confusions. Fortunately, if you follow the above-mentioned steps, you can easily adjust the date and time of your Android phone and enhance your convenience. This will avoid any complications regarding which network tower you should carry the network from and solve the problem of time layoffs.