As all Android users are probably aware, you can easily customize your phone as per requirement. There are numerous aspects of the operating system that you can change according to your own need and convenience. Everything including your theme, your icon pack, your notification icons, and many other aspects of the interface, you can easily modify without hassles. There have often been times when we have all been unhappy or bored with how our phone looked. So at times like this, you can spice it up by changing the way your font and app icons look. The operating system lets you modify the way the interface looks right out of the box.
Having a larger text and icon size will enable you to read the content on your screen better, on the other hand, if you have a smaller text and icon size, you will be able to fit in more content on the screen. Having a bigger icon and text setting will have a much lesser strain on your eye as it will be much easier to view and read. If you have a device with a larger display, you can make the most of it by having a large icon and text size. However, this does not mean that a bigger icon and text size setting is better than a smaller one. Both the settings have their own perks and ultimately, it comes down to what you personally prefer.
In Android Oreo 8.0, changing your text and icon size is now easier more than ever. In this guide, we will show you how to change the text and icon size on Android Oreo.
This is how you can change the size of the Icons and other elements in Android Oreo:
1. Go to settings by either tapping on the cog wheel by pulling the notification tray down or by going to the app drawer.
2. Scroll down and go to the ‘display’ option.
3. Tap on display size.
4. You will see a preview screen, which basically shows you how text, icons, and settings will look in various sizes. You can swipe through them to see for yourself and decide what is suitable for you.
5. You can either tap on the plus (+) or minus (-) to adjust the size of the text and the icon. You can also use the slider on the resizing bar on the bottom of your screen to do the same. As mentioned earlier, the changes will show up on the preview window.
6. Press the home button and you are done. You will now see the effects of the changes that you have made to the icons and text sizes. If you are not happy with how they look, you can use the same methods to revert back to the previous setting.
This is how you can change the font size on Android Oreo 8.0:
1. Just like before, go to settings by either tapping on the cog wheel by pulling the notification tray down or by going to the app drawer
2. Tap on the display option
3. Look for ‘font-size’ and tap on it
4. A window with a sample text will open up along with various size options. Whatever changes you make will be reflected in the sample text box.
5. Once you have selected all your options, your font options will come into effect throughout your phone. Now you know how to change the text and icon size on Android Oreo using these two methods.