You need to connect your Android phone to PC for a variety of reasons. Connect your device to a PC in order to carry out tasks such as transferring and recovering data from an Android device. You can do this by using third-party development tools. Connecting an Android device to PC will also let you browse the data stored on your Android device. In this guide, we will show you the steps regarding how to connect Android phone to pc and use it in USB mode.
Step1 – Connect android to PC in USB mode
1. Connect android to pc using a USB cable. This is the same cable that we use to charge our phone.
2. Open the notification panel and select the USB option. Then select ‘MTP’ mode. We also call it the ‘Media Transfer’ mode. What we call this can vary from device to device.
3. Once the driver is done installing, open My Computer / This PC and look for your Android device. Windows will automatically install all the necessary drivers required to ensure a proper connection between the pc and your android device.
4. Double click on your Android device. You can identify it by its model number. And your device will most likely to list under the ‘devices with removable storage’ or ‘devices and drivers’.
5. After this, you will be able to browse everything that you have saved on your android device. This includes thing such as pictures, videos, music, etc.
This part only ensures a connection between your android and pc. The next part will show you how to enable USB debugging.
Step 2 – Enabling USB debugging on your android device
You can perform this step in order to access various developmental tools. The main goal of this method is to provide a connection between the pc and the android using the Android SDK or Android Software Development Kit. This is how you can enable USB Debugging.
First, you will have to become a developer. This is how you can become one.
1. Open settings from the notification tray or app drawer
2. Tap on about phone
3. Tap on build number for about 7-8 times
4. After you’ve done this, the device will show you a message saying that you are now a developer
Once you are done, start with these steps
1. Go back to settings
2. Tap on ‘developer options’
3. Check the box right beside USB debugging
4. Finally, tap OK to allow USB debugging
This is pretty much it! Now you will not only be able to browse the contents of your phone but will also be able to use third-party apps to carry out a variety of functions pertaining to your Android device. We hope this guide helped you understand how to connect android phone to PC.