In today’s time, pretty much every single person owns at least one smartphone. Smartphone companies are constantly trying to introduce new features in their devices. This helps them get an edge in the market. One of the most popular operating systems in the world for smartphones is Android. Android has earned its reputation for constantly providing its devices with regular updates and new features. Since numerous Android devices are host to a variety of personal data, it needs to have some sort of mechanism to protect it as well. One of the most primary features of an Android device is the lock screen. It certainly is one of the oldest as well as the most efficient features of Android. The lock screen enables you to protect your device in a number of ways including a PIN, a fingerprint scan, a password, and more.
If you have spent a decent amount of time using an Android device, you will know that setting up your lock screen is one of the first things that your device prompts you to do on booting up for the first time. Enabling your lock screen is a fairly easy process. However, there might be a situation where you want to disable your lock screen in Android but do not know how to do so. Hence, if you are not too worried about protecting your data and wanted to disable the lock screen in Android, you can do so. Note that on disabling the lock screen, you will also lose access to lock screen notifications.
However, before we proceed to the steps through which you can disable the lock screen in Android, we will show you how to disable it.
Using the following steps, you will be able to disable the lock screen in Android.
- Open settings from the app drawer or by tapping the cog after pulling down the notification drawer
- Tap on Security
- Tap on Lock Screen
- Select the option that reads ‘None’
- Do note that if you already have a lock screen enabled with either a fingerprint scan, PIN or password, you will be prompted to enter it before you can disable the lock screen in Android.
After you have completed these steps, now your phone does not have a lock screen. So, when you try to power on your phone, it will take you to the screen that was active when you last used the device. Since your device does not have a secure unlock method anymore, anyone who uses your device will be able to obtain and access all your data. Hence, you should install a third-party application. This app should enable you to track, lock or erase all your data. It can come in handy in case you misplace your phone or it gets stolen.
We would again like to summarize why exactly you need a lock screen so that you are fully aware of the consequence of disabling the lock screen in Android.
- It makes sure that trespassers do not share your media files with other users or devices.
- To protect your passwords for applications such as Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, etc.
- To protect your financial data. For instance, your banking details in case you use your phone to access banking options.