Downloading YouTube videos on Android has a number of perks. Downloading them translates to you having offline access to those videos. Hence, this will allow you to watch videos in places where you do not have access to the internet, for instance, aeroplanes, trains, and so on. Downloading YouTube videos will also help you save a good amount of data if you manage to download those videos while having a good Wi-Fi connection. It is not that difficult to download videos from YouTube and there are two ways to download the videos. One method involves downloading the videos using the YouTube app itself. The other method involves downloading a third party app or website to download the videos. Do note that download videos using a third-party app is against YouTube’s terms or service as it only permits the user to stream videos directly from its servers.
Downloading videos using a video downloader website
1. Launch your browser on Android
2. Open the YouTube video you want to download
3. Change the ‘m’ in https://m.youtube.com/xyz to www.youtubepaw.com/xyz
4. This will redirect you to VidPaw.com and start downloading the video on Android
This website essentially acts as a free online YouTube video downloader. If you do not want to install a third party app on your phone or download it using YouTube’s own video downloader, this method is perfect for you.
Downloading videos from the official YouTube App’s video downloader
1. Open the YouTube app
2. Find the video that you want to download using YouTube’s video downloader
3. Tap ‘download’ between the Share and Add to button right beside the video title
4. You will be asked to select what audio/video format you want to download
5. We would like to recommend you to download MP4 format files in either 1080p or 720p if you want the video. If you only want the audio, it is better to download it in MP3 format
6. Tap on OK
7. Depending on what your data settings are, YouTube will automatically begin downloading the videos or wait for you to connect to Wi-Fi and then start the downloading process
Using a third party app a YouTube video downloader
This section will show you how you can download YouTube videos using a free YouTube video downloader called ‘TubeMate’. However, note that TubeMate is not available on Google Playstore. Hence, you will have to install it as an external unknown app.
1. Open up settings from the app drawer or the notification tray
2. Head over to security
3. Tap on Unknown apps and toggle on the slider
4. Launch your browser and search for TubeMate
5. The first link itself should provide you with a download link for the app
6. Once the TubeMate apk is finished downloading, install the application
7. Launch YouTube
8. Open the video that you want to download
9. Tap on share
10. Select TubeMate from the list of available apps
11. This will launch TubeMate in a new window
12. You can select whatever resolution you want to download the video
13. Finally, tap on the green download icon
This is the best option for you if you prefer not downloading it using YouTube’s own video downloader.
Whichever method you choose to use, note that it will only take a few minutes to a few seconds for the entire process to complete. Hence, it is only a matter of preference as to what app you want to use. All these methods will allow you to access the videos offline.