Storing a lot of data on your phone and having it customized is alright, but sometimes you need the basic features of the phone without changes. In that case, it’s extremely beneficial to restore its factory settings. One way to improve the working of your Android platform is to have it updated, which is not available in all cases.
Some ways you might know, some you might not, but make sure you do the preparations before you go back to the blank. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, keep on reading ahead.
Keep an alternative ready
If you have to wipe your Android clean, keep a backup of your data ready at any given time. Google drive or other places can store a large amount of data which will ensure that you will not suffer major setbacks by factory restoring your phone. Let’s have a step by step explanation about what you need to do. You can do it in two ways.
- Log into your account- First, you need to log into your account to make sure you have a safe access and that no one else can have access to your data.
- Upload the file/folder- If you log into the drive, you’ll see the option to upload your files and folders and even organize them
- Log out- Make sure you log out and remember the password for if you forget you will need to say bye to your precious data.
This a more easy and convenient way for you to store your backup data online.
- Find backup- a unique and cool feature of smartphones is that they come with a backup option. You can open your device and find backup in settings
- Sync- if you are unable to find a back-up, then you need to find Sync which you will find in accounts in your settings.
External back up like pen drives and hard disks also exist for you to keep your data safe and out of the digital format. This is also safer in terms of data losses and corruptions in data. Also, you will not need to remember a password, just the location of a physical copy. You’ll need to
- Connect your device with an external hard drive with the help of a data cable or computer.
- Store your data in the drive.
As a warning and a caution, keep your data stored in two to three back-ups for a better chance of reviving it after you wipe your phone clean.
Restoring your phone
Now let’s come to the main issue on how to restore factory settings. It’ll be advisable to take your memory card and sim out before you actually start so that any additional loss can be prevented in the process. When your factory restores your settings, remember that you can do it in three to four ways, which will be briefly discussed below.
Android Device Manager:
If you have a solid connection and another device in your hand, you can log into your account and with the help of Gmail. All you need to do now is to tap on the erase option, and all your data will be factory restored. The only downside of this way to do things is to have an internet access all the time. However, if you don’t have it or are not able to access it for some reason, some of the other ways might be beneficial for you.
Using key combination:
You might be unaware, but there actually exists the key combinations for wiping your data clean. This can be used in case your touch is not working. These might not be available for each and every device but quite a few of them have these. A very common code for Android phones is the up volume, down the volume and the power. When you power up your OS, it will ask you all sort of questions which you can select with power up and down button. Select wipe data option and you will get your phone as you got it out of the factory.
This might be the method you are most familiar with and will find most easy to use also. This, however, is also the most complex way since it differs so much from company to company. For e.g. If you are a Samsung user, you will need to open up connections and you’ll find the restoring option, while a MI user will find it in wireless and networks by clicking more. Similarly, pixel phone has it in the system tab and so on. This can be found on the net or even by calling a service centre. This method requires zero precision and is the easiest to follow if you already know for your phone.
Recovery of Data
Now that your mobile android is as good as a new one, you might want to get back the data you lost. It is possible if you backed-up your data earlier. There are also a lot of ways for you to recover your data from backup.
- You can into your device and sync it with your drive to get the data back. You will need to enter your account or email address, whichever you entered at the time of backing up.
- If you saved your data into google drive, you will need to log in into your google account and download the data.
- If your backup is a physical disk or a hard drive, you’ll need help if a computer or another device to restore your data.
Keeping these tips in your brains might help you out in a pinch and can also help you excel in future. Be it your home or a park, your factory setting restoration is at the tips of your finger. Hope you will find this useful in your work someday and you will never be in a pinch while working.