We often get worried while handing our phone to someone. Sounds familiar? Well, yes. We all have been in this situation at some time or the other. We all have some personal stuff such as images, files, documents or other resources which might be too personal to share it with someone. It also might be that you have some particular applications which you do not want others to know about. So in all such cases, we have framed a list of ways that can help you hide apps on Android.
Using Hide Launcher
The best option to hide your apps is by the use of non-stock launcher. There are few apps on the play store, but only a few of them can be considered to be the best of all.
Nova launcher is one of the most famous apps available on play store. But the hiding the app feature comes with the prime version of the app.
• Gestures – Swipe, pinch, double tap and more on the home screen to open your favorite apps
• Unread Counts – Never miss a message. Unread count badges for Hangouts, SMS, Gmail and more using the TeslaUnread plugin
• Custom Drawer Groups – Create new tabs or folders in the app drawer
• Hide Apps – Keep a clean app drawer by hiding never used apps
• Icon Swipes – Set custom actions for swiping on app shortcuts or folders
• More scroll effects – Such as Wipe, Accordion, and Throw
Apex Launcher Pro
Another favourite launcher is Apex Launcher pro in both the cases, premium version is available which is necessary to help hide apps. Otherwise, one can always use the free version. But it won’t be much effective until and unless you switch to the premium version.
• Powerful drawer customizations (sort apps in drawer, folders in drawer)
• Unread count notifications (provided by the free Apex Notifier extension)
• Convenient icon gestures (swipe up and down actions)
• More gesture options (two-finger gestures)
• Additional transition effects (accordion, cross, etc.)
• Enhanced folder support (bulk add, merge folders)
• Advanced widget options (widgets in dock, overlapping widgets)
• More features on the way!
Lock your apps
The best option to prevent your apps from being viewed by others is the app lock feature. There are few apps available in the playstore that can help achieve this in no time. You would like to have one of those to help maintain security. It also helps prevent your app from getting uninstalled.
The lock feature of Applock helps lock any characteristic of an Android system. It is also possible to set up different lock profiles based on home or work. Some other advantage is that it allows taking a picture of the one who might try to unlock your apps. To access your locked apps, you need to use your fingerprint to open the app for further use. Applock can hide images, apps as well as toggles such as Bluetooth, WiFi, and others. App lock also comes with a power saving feature that helps prevent drainage of battery. The premium version of Applock supports fingerprint, so that all your apps will be protected.
Disable your apps
Some of the smartphones comes with pre-installed apps which aren’t cool at all. You might not want them to be on the screen. As these are inbuilt apps the only option to remove them is by disabling the app from your mobile settings. After you disable an app, you won’t be able to view it again on the screen or even use it until and unless you re-enable it again and it gets back to your screen.
Here are the steps required to disable your app.
1. Tap on Settings – > Apps
2. Select the apps from the list of your apps.
3. Tap Disable
Once the app is disabled the apps won’t appear in your primary list.
This is the best and easiest way to clean the list of unwanted apps.
There are few options available to hide specific files on Android device. Such kinds of applications need to be downloaded. Once it is done, the list shows that the list is empty. You can update the list by adding on apps which you want to hide from your screen.
Some of the common files hiding apps are these:
File Hide Expert
This is a free app that makes it easy to hide or unhide apps at any moment. When this app is opened a message is displayed showing that the app is empty. To add on apps click on the folder icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Keepsafe App lock
This is another hiding app which acts as a digital vault to store all your images. It has a cloud backup service which is free but there is a premium version available as well. You can use a password to unlock the app.