All of us, at least once in our lives have wondered, how to tell if someone read your text on Android. If they haven’t replied, you often wonder if they even read your text. In today’s time, everything that we dude is in turbo mode. Everything happening within a few seconds with a single tap. In an age like this, you expect a response as soon as possible. Hence, it is only natural to want to know if someone read your text. Fortunately, there a few ways using which you can figure out if someone has read your text or not.
The default Android messaging app permits you to switch on this feature called ‘read receipts’. For this, your recipient will also need to have the same messaging app. He or she should have enabled read receipts on their phone as well. The process of switching read receipts on or off depends on the manufacturer and the version of Android you are running. This process will be valid for all major manufacturers such as Google, Xiaomi, Samsung, Huawei, etc. Using the following steps, you can answer one of the most widely asked questions in today’s age, ‘How to tell if someone read your text on Android?’
How to Tell if Someone Read Your Text on Android
1. Open the text messaging app from the app drawer on your Android device
2. Open settings from your messaging app. You will mostly find this option behind the three vertical dots or three vertical lines on your screen. On tapping that, the settings menu will be revealed.
3. Navigate down to the ‘text messages’ or ‘conversations’ option. In some phones, you might have to select ‘more options’ in order to access this option
4. This is where you will find various options pertaining to read receipts. Depending on your preference, you can turn on and off read receipts, send read receipts and request a receipt. You will have a toggle on and toggle off slider for all these options. After this, you will be able to finally tell if someone has “read my text”
5. You can also switch ‘Delivery receipts’ on and off. This option indicates whether the message has successfully been delivered to the recipient’s phone or not. (Note that this is different from read receipts and does not indicate if the recipient has read the message or not
Do note that even after turning read receipts on, you might not be able to tell if the recipient has read the message or not. This could be due to the other person not using the same messaging app or if they have not turned their read receipts on. Hence, this method is not foolproof. However, this is the most you can do when it comes to knowing if someone has read your message or not.