Google never fails to amaze the users with its exciting features and comes up with new facilities to enhance the ease of the users. On that note, one of the most promising and brilliant products was Google Now on Tap in Android. Even though this feature is not something we use on a daily basis. But it is definitely impressive as far as the handiness of the screen search features is considered. It is introduced in the Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The simplicity of the premise of this wonderful feature increases the usability of your smartphone.
Google performs an analysis of your on-screen content. Then, on the basis of a detailed analysis of the information, it delivers the appropriate results. For an instance, let us consider that you wish to gain some information about the location and direction of your favorite restaurant. Google Now on Tap will display the website, menu, location, direction, etc, whatever is applicable at that point. Keeping that in mind, let us take a look at how you can enable Google Now on Tap and use it to your benefit.
Activating Google Now on Tap
1. Having Google app is mandatory along with Google now set up.
2. Open Google Now.
3. Tap the menu button on the left corner on the top or slide from the left-hand side of the screen to open the app menu.
4. After this, open the settings and go to the voice part.
5. There is a checkbox present next to the Now on Tap option. When you check that box, you will receive a notification asking whether you are absolutely sure about the action.
6. Once you confirm the action, Google Now on Tap will activate on your phone.
If your device runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow or a higher version, only then you can access the Now on Tap feature. For devices that operate on a version before the mentioned one can’t use the feature.
This Android Marshmallow signature feature was introduced in the hope of transforming the entire user experience of smartphone users. Even though it did not turn out to be the revolution as expected, the search feature has definitely made our lives easier. In the higher versions, Google not only makes searches and provide information but also gives relevant links to click on.
How to Use Google Now on Tap in Android Nougat
1. The first step is the launch of the Google app.
2. Tap on the screen search after opening the settings.
3. You can enable the feature Now on Tap when you toggle the top switch. Provide the required permissions and you are good to go. This step will fully enable you to utilize the Now on Tap.
4. Press and hold the home button of your smartphone so as to test the feature. You can see the recommendations based on your location.
5. If you wish to explore in detail, tap on one of the options that are open in front of you.
6. Tap on Discover More for more details.
Be it a simple search for a restaurant, cafe, or daily weather reports, the feature gives a detailed insight into what the user seeks. Although the good thing is that the feature is still in its improvement mode and has scope for immensely profound improvement.