When it comes to naming one of the most popular messaging apps in the world, Whatsapp is the first name. It is the only one that comes into the mind of a majority of the population. Without a doubt, it is one of the most famous and successful apps used so far. It has over 1.5 billion active users, so, the numbers say it all! Be it for personal or business use, Whatsapp has played a crucial role always. It brings people from different ends of the world together through a single platform. For businesses, it has improved customer engagement to a great extent. It has also brought together remote workers of a company as close as a tap of a button.
With an end to end encryption, Whatsapp has again emerged to be one of the most secure networks. It relieves business and leisure users of any kind of threat to their privacy and assures them that their data is safe and free of dangers and third-party attacks. When we talk about the betterment of the app, without any doubt, the developers have always been active in providing the users with the latest communication technology on their smartphone. After the huge success of Whatsapp voice and video calling features, the Whatsapp group video call feature was out in its full glory.
Steps To Use WhatsApp Group Video Calling on Android
Just like the chats are encrypted end to end, the same goes for calls as well as video calls. As long as you are able to get yourself online on Whatsapp, there is nothing that can stop you from the group video call. Video chatting with a bunch of friends or video conferencing on a professional level could have never been easier. On that note, let us take a look as to how you can use the group video calling on Android.
1. First of all, start a video chat with just one participant in the beginning.
2. On the right-hand side corner of the video calling interface, look at the top. Then select “Add Participant” icon in order to add more members from your social group.
3. Once you choose this option, you will get access to all the contacts in your phonebook. You can now select the people you wish to add to your group video chat.
Features Of The Whatsapp Group Video Calling
Regardless of whether you are a Windows, iOS or an Android user. You can avail the group video calling without any hassles as long as you have a smartphone. The day on which Facebook developers conference announce the brand new feature, users have been waiting eagerly for trying it out. The pace with which Whatsapp is releasing exciting features with each update is remarkable. Let us take a look at some features of the group video chat.
1. Once you add someone to the call, Whatsapp will send them a notification about the call and the participants that are added to the group video chat. The remaining participants will be visible to the new person you wish to add in the group chat.
2. The interface of the Whatsapp group video calling permits the users to add only one at a time. This implies that the 4th person in your list can only be added or access the video call once the third person has agreed to join the call and has accepted the call invitation.
3. The video call interface screen will be split into a total of four parts. The parts will appear as boxes in which all the participants will be visible to one another. Each box will feature one person and everyone can see the entire group clearly when the screen is divided into equal parts.
4. For Android user, another advantage is that a person who is a non-beta user can also be included while forming the group. All the user needs to do is accept the invitation, and as long as the group comprises of four members or less, the video calling can be carried out with ease, devoid of any hurdles.
Limitations Of the Whatsapp Group Video Calling Feature For Android
Just like all the other features of Whatsapp, the video calling as a group has some boundaries within which the benefits are a bit restricted. One example of the biggest limitation of the most cherishable Whatsapp feature is the deletion of a sent message which is accessible only for a few hours after the message has been sent. Similarly, there are some cons of the group video calling feature which we can count on the developers to fix as soon as possible.
1. Only the host can add participants in a video chat. It is not possible for the participants to add more participants.
2. At present, a minimum of four people can be on a single group video call.
Did you know that after the launch of the Whatsapp voice calling feature, a plethora of users made use of this feature over their traditional calling habits? A fact about people around all over the world will surprise you to your core. The users spend 2 billion minutes combined, using the voice calling feature on Whatsapp. The feature gained immense popularity since it’s launch in 2014. This is a huge step forward for Whatsapp. Also, the stats clearly display that the general population has been welcoming the new launches by Whatsapp with open arms. This further supports the prediction that the group video calling feature will be a big hit.
For instance, the deletion of sent messages sent a wave of satisfaction throughout the world. Also, it strengthened the customer base of Whatsapp. This again gave it an edge to stay ahead of its competitors. Some expressive stickers are just on the way to their rollout. So, if we consider the current scenario, there will be more of billions of users using the group video call feature in great numbers in the near future as it is a huge step forward in bridging the gap between people far away.